photo beautiful_zpsda647654.jpg
CURRENTLY IN: WESTERN HIGHLANDS, GUATEMALA
About ME I Notes From GUATEMALA I Foreign Service TIMELINE

Obligatory Disclaimer

this blog is not endorsed by Peace Corps, the Foreign Service, nor by the U.S. Government. it is, however, endorsed by awesomeness.

Friday, July 10, 2015

Dinner: Peace Corps Style

Believe it or not, my dinners now are not much different than they were in the States. But back in my old 2-year site near El Quiche, my dinner consisted mainly of rice, beans, pasta, paches, maybe some tortillas thrown in. 

Now, I can make so much more because I live a two-minute walk from a medium-sized grocery store.Tonight's menu is: tortilla soup! While some of my peers are amazing in the kitchen, I'm not going to kid myself. Hence, my delight at being so close to a grocery that has easy to make items.

Ah...who said this third year extension would be hard? :)



No comments:

Post a Comment